DIGI KEYER II™ block diagram
No serial or parallel port required:
- just one USB cable between your computer and DIGI KEYER II
- Fully integrated: Sound Radio Control, true FSK, CW and PTT
- Computer sound card is not used
Complete "Computer <-> Radio" electrical isolation
- transformer isolation between sound circuits and radio
- optical isolation between USB port and of ALL digital signals: Radio Control, CW, PTT, FSK, PA PTT, & LNA PTT
Standard Sound Device - no custom drivers:
- The microHAM CODEC is an industry standard device recognized by Windows, Apple OS 10 and LINUX.
There are no custom device drivers to install and no compatibility problems with your favorite applications.
- Sound card connection for micro2R
Ultra low noise:
- The sound circuits are designed with special attention to low noise
- The receive noise floor in DKII is lower than any value priced sound card or similar amateur product.
- Dynamic range rivals that of professional products.
- Special circuit design maintains full dynamic range and low noise floor with all radios - both high level and low level outputs.
Compatible with most standard Windows software
- special microHAM USB Device Router creates as many virtual COM ports as needed to function fully with your favorite programs
- customizable presets allow instantly changing configuration when switching programs
Supported by MacLoggerDX on Mac OS X
- supports cocoaModem and other Macintosh applications.
Integrated control port for all radios: CI-V, FIF-232, IF-232, RS-232
- fully supports Elecraft, Icom, JRC, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, and Yaesu radios
Dual Channel Receive:
- supports dual receive with transceivers like the Icom 7800, Yaesu FT-9000, FT-5000, FT-2000,
FT-1000D/MP/Mark V, Kenwood TS-2000, and Elecraft K3.
- independent, front panel level controls for each receiver
Front Panel Level Adjustments:
- Pots for Transmit level, Main Receiver level and Sub receiver level
- no need to fumble with Windows Mixer to control levels
Integrated K1EL WinKey™ chip with extended capabilities
- front panel speed knob
- nine (9) user programmable memories
- internal paddle buffer for improved reliability.
- PS/2 keyboard support for direct CW generation.
- PS/2 keyboard/keypad support for instant CW message playback
- PS/2 keyboard/keypad CW work without a computer connection
- auto PTT
- selectable side tone
- all parameters are stored in EEPROM and reloaded on power up
FSK keying output
- capable of sending 5/6/7/8 bits and 1/1.5/2 stop bits
- PS/2 keyboard support for direct FSK transmission without a computer
- PS/2 keyboard support for instant FSK message playback
- PS/2 keyboard works without a computer connection
Sound card Right channel audio detector and FSK/CW driver
- FSK output for FLDIGI "pseudo-FSK" and cocoaModem OOK mode
- Provides a "hard keyed" CW output for software that generates only audio (sidetone) CW
Independent keying buffers for Power Amplifier and LNA switching
- extended range solid state output for low voltage T/R lines or QSK
- relay isolated output for vintage PA with negative voltage T/R lines
- Bypass LNA before activating both PTT circuits for EME or scatter
Footswitch input with programmable functions
- programmable PTT activation delay in 1ms steps
- selectable muting of CW and/or FSK when footswitch is closed
Squelch input for signaling to computer
- two inputs, one is active low, second is active high
- ideal for Echolink and remote interfacing applications
No external power adapter (where the radio provides auxiliary power)
- No noisy DC to DC converters
- USB and Sound chip are powered from the computer USB port
- Controller is powered from transceiver or transceiver power supply
Strong immunity from RFI
- integrated chokes and filters for best RFI immunity
- advanced shielding and circuit design to suppress RFI generation
Computer: USB, Radio: DB15, Paddle: 6.3 mm, Sub RX: 3.5mm
Footswitch: RCA, PA PTT: RCA, LNA PTT: RCA, PTT IN: RCA,
PS/2: MiniDIN6, u2R: 2x3.5mm
Metal/Aluminum case, powder coated and silk screened
Free firmware/software upgrades via internet